Monday, June 29, 2015

[Aneinu] Please Daven for the Jews of London


From Shirat Devorah, a letter from Aryeh Feingold of London: An open letter and Request to all of my non Jewish Friends and Jewish friends outside of the UK. July 4th, whilst essentially an American holiday, has long been associated with Independence, Freedom, celebrated in the USA by all regardless of religion, class, creed or race. However, 4th July 2015, here, in London, and indeed more specifically my neighborhood, just a 10 minute walk from my front door. We will play host to probably the most deeply distressing event in recent times to specifically target Jews living in the UK, and yes that includes me. As most of you know, I never play the minority card and rarely do talk about my specific religious beliefs, they are after all my own, and I respect everybody else’s choices. I’m truly humbled by how accommodating many of you have been when it has come to my odd dietary requirements or missed social events due to clashes with Jewish holidays. However, to say I’m troubled by what’s coming, is a huge understatement. A far right group is planning a rally in the heartland of the London Jewish community against what it calls "Jewification of Britain", they will march through my neighborhood, and intend to burn copies of the Talmud (Jewish holy book) because of its anti-white teaching, ironic as Ashkenazi Jews like myself are white. Believe it or not despite 1000s of requests the Home Office and Metropolitan Police can do nothing to stop the 4 July protest from happening. The rally is not about free speech but a deliberate attempt to provoke tension and anti-Semitism. Indeed, July 4th is a Saturday, and it’s been specifically chosen as Saturday is the Jewish day of rest, when most Jews will be walking to synagogues in the very same area. I kid you not this is the agenda for the rally in two weeks’ time: 1) The illegality of the Shomrim Police 2) What is Jewification? 3) International Jewry, the devils own hand 4) Why the holocaust didn’t happen 5) George Galloways 30 minute slot on Israel 6) A recorded audio speech by Joshua Bonehill You can see the link on their website, outlining their intentions, and attached are couple of flyers for the event, to give you an idea of the seriousness of the situation. http://joshuabonehill.net/2015/06/18/george-galloway-invited-to-speak-at-golders-green-demonstration/ This is not some random Facebook post or chain email, it’s a personal message from me. Can I please urge you to share the email / post with your friends and family to raise awareness of the dark situation that is developing on my doorstep. This isn’t Berlin 1938, its London 2015!! I end by quoting JFK, who was actually quoting Edmund Burke: for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing. Love Aryeh Feingold 24th June 2015, London, England

No comments: