Monday, June 11, 2018

Fwd: [chicago-aneinu] Kashrus Alert - Entenmann's products





Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

-------- Original message --------
From: myysbyy via chicago-aneinu <chicago-aneinu@googlegroups.com>
Date: 6/11/18 2:56 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: myysbyy@aol.com
Subject: [chicago-aneinu] Kashrus Alert - Entenmann's products

From an Aneinu member:

Please warn people about Entenmann's products.  I was at the grocery this morning and bought what looked so delicious...entenmann's cupcakes.  Came home and opened the pkg, and then the individually wrapped cupcake. For the heck of it, I decided to read the label before eating it, (but after licking the frosting from the packaging).  I was shocked that I could not find the OU on the box.  After re-checking numerous times, I called the company, and asked when they stopped being kosher.  The lady did not answer, but wanted my name, and the zip code, etc etc.  I said I called to ask you a question, not have you asking me all these things. She did not know when or what, so I asked for a supervisor.  She said he was not there and the Rabbi was not available.  I said I bought these, and do not think the store would take an opened package back, so she said she would send me coupons to replace the products that I bought.  I pointed out that coupons for an already non kosher product would be useless.  If they are not kosher,, why would i want to get more of it?  After a lot of pushing, i tried to get her to send me my money back.  She finally agreed to send a prepaid visa, that can be used anywhere.

I am actually shocked even more about this.  Just called back and spoke to a manager, since earlier, they claimed none were available. He says this change took place early last summer.  Whoa, I wonder how many of us have been eating traife product, unknowingly.  I do not get this stuff often, just was at the store, and it looked good.  I 'knew' it was kosher, so took some home.

Thank you for your help in getting the word out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "chicago-aneinu" group.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To respond or post new messages to this group, please insure that your email is sent to Myysbyy@aol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
chicago-aneinu+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/chicago-aneinu?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "chicago-aneinu" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chicago-aneinu+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: