Monday, May 23, 2022

FW: aneinu] Tehillim Project VIII - Tehillim 88 - Monday, May 23 - 5782





Sent from my Galaxy


-------- Original message --------
From: 'Chicago Aneinu' via chicago-aneinu <chicago-aneinu@googlegroups.com>
Date: 5/23/22 10:29 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Chicago Aneinu <myysbyy@aol.com>
Subject: [chicago-aneinu] Tehillim Project VIII - Tehillim 88 - Monday, May 23 - 5782

From: Persian Hebrew Congregation <persianhebrewcong@gmail.com>
Sent: Mon, May 23, 2022 9:20 pm
Subject: Tehillim Project VIII - Tehillim 88 - Monday, May 23 - 5782

Please have extra Kavanah (concentration) for the situation in Ukraine.
Monday, May 23 – כ"ב אייר
Tehillim 88
The sons of Korach understand that ideally, Am Yisrael should be living in Eretz Yisrael. Living in Eretz Yisrael with the Beit HaMikdash means living a life of learning the Torah and, of course, Torah observance. If we live in Israel but without the Torah then we become just another nation living off the land. This is not what Hashem wants and rather sends us into exile to regain our connection to Him.
By sending us "far from Him", He actually brings us closer, since out there in exile we realize that we have no one to rely on except our Father in Heaven.
But there comes a point in time when the exile itself becomes unbearable. The Sons of Korach understand all this and cry out, "Hashem we have suffered too much already. Please redeem us!"
Segula for this perek: To save a city or a community. (Same as last perek.) (From the Sefer Shimush Tehillim attributed to Rav Hai Gaon (969 -1038).)
פרק פ"ח
א.  שִׁיר מִזְמוֹר לִבְנֵי קֹרַח לַמְנַצֵּחַ עַל מַחֲלַת לְעַנּוֹת מַשְׂכִּיל לְהֵימָן הָאֶזְרָחִי:
ב.  יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵי יְשׁוּעָתִי יוֹם צָעַקְתִּי בַלַּיְלָה נֶגְדֶּךָ:
ג.  תָּבוֹא לְפָנֶיךָ תְּפִלָּתִי הַטֵּה אָזְנְךָ לְרִנָּתִי:
ד.  כִּי שָׂבְעָה בְרָעוֹת נַפְשִׁי וְחַיַּי לִשְׁאוֹל הִגִּיעוּ:
ה.  נֶחְשַׁבְתִּי עִם יוֹרְדֵי בוֹר הָיִיתִי כְּגֶבֶר אֵין אֱיָל:
ו.  בַּמֵּתִים חָפְשִׁי כְּמוֹ חֲלָלִים | שֹׁכְבֵי קֶבֶר אֲשֶׁר לֹא זְכַרְתָּם עוֹד וְהֵמָּה מִיָּדְךָ נִגְזָרוּ:
ז.  שַׁתַּנִי בְּבוֹר תַּחְתִּיּוֹת בְּמַחֲשַׁכִּים בִּמְצֹלוֹת:
ח.  עָלַי סָמְכָה חֲמָתֶךָ וְכָל מִשְׁבָּרֶיךָ עִנִּיתָ סֶּלָה:
ט.  הִרְחַקְתָּ מְיֻדָּעַי מִמֶּנִּי שַׁתַּנִי תוֹעֵבוֹת לָמוֹ כָּלֻא וְלֹא אֵצֵא:
י.  עֵינִי דָאֲבָה מִנִּי עֹנִי קְרָאתִיךָ יְהֹוָה בְּכָל יוֹם שִׁטַּחְתִּי אֵלֶיךָ כַפָּי:
יא.  הֲלַמֵּתִים תַּעֲשֶׂה פֶּלֶא אִם רְפָאִים יָקוּמוּ יוֹדוּךָ סֶּלָה:
יב.  הַיְסֻפַּר בַּקֶּבֶר חַסְדֶּךָ אֱמוּנָתְךָ בָּאֲבַדּוֹן:
יג.  הֲיִוָּדַע בַּחֹשֶׁךְ פִּלְאֶךָ וְצִדְקָתְךָ בְּאֶרֶץ נְשִׁיָּה:
יד.  וַאֲנִי | אֵלֶיךָ יְהֹוָה שִׁוַּעְתִּי וּבַבֹּקֶר תְּפִלָּתִי תְקַדְּמֶךָּ:
טו.  לָמָה יְהֹוָה תִּזְנַח נַפְשִׁי תַּסְתִּיר פָּנֶיךָ מִמֶּנִּי:
טז.  עָנִי אֲנִי וְגוֵֹעַ מִנֹּעַר נָשָׂאתִי אֵמֶיךָ אָפוּנָה:
יז.  עָלַי עָבְרוּ חֲרוֹנֶיךָ בִּעוּתֶיךָ צִמְּתֻתוּנִי:
יח.  סַבּוּנִי כַמַּיִם כָּל הַיּוֹם הִקִּיפוּ עָלַי יָחַד:
יט.  הִרְחַקְתָּ מִמֶּנִּי אֹהֵב וָרֵעַ מְיֻדָּעַי מַחְשָׁךְ:
1.  A song with musical accompaniment of the sons of Korah, for the conductor, about the sick and afflicted one, a maskil of Heman the Ezrachite.
2.  Hashem, the God of my salvation! I cried by day; at night I was opposite You.
3.  May my prayer come before You; extend Your ear to my supplication.
4.  For my soul is sated with troubles, and my life has reached the grave.
5.  I was counted with those who descend into the Pit; I was like a man without strength.
6.  I am considered among the dead who are free, as the slain who lie in the grave, whom You no longer remember and who were cut off by Your hand.
7.  You have put me into the lowest pit, into dark places, into depths.
8.  Your wrath lies hard upon me, and [with] all Your waves You have afflicted [me] constantly.
9.  You have estranged my friends from me; You have made me an abomination to them; [I am] imprisoned and cannot go out.
10.  My eye has failed because of affliction; I have called You every day, I have spread out my palms to You.
11.  Will You perform a wonder for the dead? Will the shades rise and thank You forever?
12.  Will Your kindness be told in the grave, Your faith in destruction?
13.  Will Your wonder be known in the darkness, or Your righteousness in the land of oblivion?
14.  As for me, Hashem, I have cried out to You, and in the morning my prayer comes before You.
15.  Why, Hashem, do You abandon my soul, do You hide Your countenance from me?
16.  I am poor, and close to sudden death; I have borne Your fear, it is well-founded.
17.  Your fires of wrath have passed over me; Your terrors have cut me off.
18.  They surround me like water all the day; they encompass me together.
19.  You have estranged from me lover and friend; my acquaintances are in a place of darkness.


---------------------------------------------------
Persian Hebrew Congregation
3820 Main Street
Skokie, IL 60076
847-674-5444
 https://www.persianhebrew.com/


Sent By ShulCloud

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "chicago-aneinu" group.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To respond or post new messages to this group, please insure that your email is sent to Myysbyy@aol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
chicago-aneinu+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/chicago-aneinu?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "chicago-aneinu" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chicago-aneinu+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chicago-aneinu/325705124.1618467.1653362462101%40mail.yahoo.com.

No comments: