Tuesday, July 27, 2021

FW: [caneinu] Please daven for Rabbi Menachem Nissel





Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device


-------- Original message --------
From: 'Chicago Aneinu' via chicago-aneinu <chicago-aneinu@googlegroups.com>
Date: 7/27/21 3:58 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Chicago Aneinu <myysbyy@aol.com>
Subject: [chicago-aneinu] Please daven for Rabbi Menachem Nissel

Please daven for Rabbi Menachem Nissel, Chaim Menachem ben Chava, who broke his upper arm in 3 places..


Here's what Rabbi Nissel wrote about himself (this happened over 2 weeks ago) including a picture of the broken bone(!):

OH MY! WHAT HAPPEN TO RABBI NISSEL
TOV LEHODOS LAHASHEM
I am in pain and am writing with one finger. I am also overwhelmed with hakaras hatov.
Last Wednesday night (28th of Tammuz) I slipped in the Rebbe Reb Elimelech's mikveh in Lizensk. I blacked out for a few seconds. My right arm was about a foot to the right of where my brain was telling me where it was. I had cracked my upper arm in three places like a sliced ​​salami (see picture). Funnily enough that bone is called the humerus.
First miracle was that Reb Dov, Chaim and Binyomin were with me. As Reb Dov said, "I am a mikveh on Erev Yom Kippur type". They picked me up and gave me the dignity to be dressed.
Within minutes I was alone in a dark Soviet-era hospital in Lizensk. I think I was the only patient there. Everyone else knows better. Although the staff were warm and kind they didn't speak English. They let in Voytek my cab driver as an interpreter but his English was like an Israeli cab driver who once spent a month in Brooklyn. They recommended that I get immediate surgery, no big deal - they would drill a screw through my broken bones. Luckily the nearest screw was in Rzeszow (Reishe in Yiddish) which was 50 miles away. I had time to think. I was picturing a carpenter who moonlights as a doctor hammering through my bones.
The hospital had no Wi-Fi. Second miracle was that Reb Dov had insisted that I have a working phone so I managed to call my beloved friend Dr. Michael Wilshansky (aka Willy) who was watching England play Denmark with his whole yishuv. He screamed at me, "I don't care how much pain you are in – take the first flight home". At that moment England scored the winning goal. A sign from Heaven.
The tzaddik Reb Eliezer Gurary, Chabad shaliach of Krakow called me offering to arrange a helicopter. In the end I took my daughter Shira's advice (my wife Debbi was on a plane to America to visit her father) and booked a ticket with Wizz Airlines from Warsaw. Reb Dov cut his trip and insisted on flying to Israel with me. I pushed myself to go to the kever and cry.
We drove all night to the airport. At one point I saw the driver was so tired that I felt it was dangerous. I told him to pull to the side and schloof. He moved into a forest and immediately fell asleep. For one hour I listened to him and Reb Dov snore in sweet gentle harmony. I was in too much pain to sleep. It was torture. I woke up the driver and asked him how far away we are from the airport. He said five minutes. How many Poles does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five hours later and the plane is off. The only good thing about Wizz Airlines is that they didn't care about a minyan at the back of the plane where I was sitting. When we arrived Yaakov Yisrael took over. An ambulance took me from the plane to Hadassah Hospital. A free service of Yad Eliyahu, run by chassidim from Elad. Zeev with long curly payos was our driver. We were there in less than half an hour. Coolest experience ever.
My daughter Rikki (Princess Chani's mom) arranged that her nurse sister-in-law Rikki Zucker was there to greet us and get us through the red tape. She was incredible. Soon we met the two orthopedic doctors on call, Tarik and Mad Max. They said that in no time I would have my Soviet Era arm cast removed which was thick enough to build an Israeli wall. It would be replaced with something light that would lower my risk of infection. The decision whether to operate will be made this week after the trauma on my arm subsides.
Unfortunately, it was the Night of Fights. I saw men in handcuffs and battered wives. Eight hours later they switched my cast and Mad Max mishandled my arm. We survived with the constant barrage of chareidi volunteers giving out free soda, nosh and smiles. We dared at the 7:00 minyan at the Chagall Windows. After two nights without sleep I passed out on the living room recliner in my own home.
I am learning to do a lot of things with one hand. Dry my hands, brush my teeth, put on socks. Preparing for second hand jokes. Most of all I am learning about the open hearts of strangers and the love and care of my family and friends. Please daven for Chaim Menachem ben Chava.
Psalms/תהילים
                                             פרק 6/ו
(א) לַמְנַצֵּחַ בִּנְגִינוֹת עַל הַשְּׁמִינִית מִזְמוֹר לְדָוִד:
 (ב) ה' אַל בְּאַפְּךָ תוֹכִיחֵנִי וְאַל בַּחֲמָתְךָ תְיַסְּרֵנִי:
 (ג) חָנֵּנִי ה' כִּי אֻמְלַל אָנִי רְפָאֵנִי ה' כִּי נִבְהֲלוּ עֲצָמָי:
 (ד) וְנַפְשִׁי נִבְהֲלָה מְאֹד וְאַתָּה ה' עַד מָתָי:
 (ה) שׁוּבָה ה' חַלְּצָה נַפְשִׁי הוֹשִׁיעֵנִי לְמַעַן חַסְדֶּךָ:
 (ו) כִּי אֵין בַּמָּוֶת זִכְרֶךָ בִּשְׁאוֹל מִי יוֹדֶה לָּךְ:
 (ז) יָגַעְתִּי בְּאַנְחָתִי אַשְׂחֶה בְכָל לַיְלָה מִטָּתִי בְּדִמְעָתִי עַרְשִׂי אַמְסֶה:
(ח) עָשְׁשָׁה מִכַּעַס עֵינִי עָתְקָה בְּכָל צוֹרְרָי:
 (ט) סוּרוּ מִמֶּנִּי כָּל פֹּעֲלֵי אָוֶן כִּי שָׁמַע ה' קוֹל בִּכְיִי:
 (י) שָׁמַע ה' תְּחִנָּתִי ה' תְּפִלָּתִי יִקָּח:
 (יא) יֵבֹשׁוּ וְיִבָּהֲלוּ מְאֹד כָּל אֹיְבָי יָשֻׁבוּ יֵבֹשׁוּ רָגַע:

1) For the musician, with musical accompaniment on the sheminis instrument, a mizmor by David. (2) Hashem, don't rebuke me in Your anger. Don't chastise me in Your rage. (3) Grant me Your mercy, Hashem, for I have been cut down. (4) Heal me, Hashem, for my bones shake with terror. My soul is utterly terrified, and You Hashem — How long? (5) Turn back, Hashem, release my soul. Save me as befits Your kindness ... (6) for there is no mention of You in death. In the grave who will thank You? (7) I am exhausted from groaning; every night my bed is drenched; with my tears I soil the place where I have lain.  (8) My eye is dimmed from anger, aged by all my tormentors. (9) Depart from me all wrongdoers, for Hashem has heard the sound of my weeping. (10) Hashem has heard my plea; Hashem will accept my prayer. (11) They will be ashamed and will be utterly astounded. When all my enemies return, they will be ashamed for a while.
 פרק 20/כ         
(א) לַמְנַצֵּחַ מִזְמוֹר לְדָוִד:
 (ב) יַעַנְךָ ה' בְּיוֹם צָרָה יְשַׂגֶּבְךָ שֵׁם אֱלֹקֵי יַעֲקֹב:
 (ג) יִשְׁלַח עֶזְרְךָ מִקֹּדֶשׁ וּמִצִּיּוֹן יִסְעָדֶךָּ:
 (ד) יִזְכֹּר כָּל מִנְחֹתֶךָ וְעוֹלָתְךָ יְדַשְּׁנֶה סֶלָה:
 (ה) יִתֶּן לְךָ כִלְבָבֶךָ וְכָל עֲצָתְךָ יְמַלֵּא:
 (ו) נְרַנְּנָה בִּישׁוּעָתֶךָ וּבְשֵׁם אֱלֹקֵינוּ נִדְגֹּל, יְמַלֵּא ה' כָּל מִשְׁאֲלוֹתֶיךָ:
(ז) עַתָּה יָדַעְתִּי כִּי הוֹשִׁיעַ ה' מְשִׁיחוֹ יַעֲנֵהוּ מִשְּׁמֵי קָדְשׁוֹ בִּגְבֻרוֹת יֵשַׁע יְמִינוֹ:
 (ח) אֵלֶּה בָרֶכֶב וְאֵלֶּה בַסּוּסִים וַאֲנַחְנוּ בְּשֵׁם ה' אֱלֹהֵינוּ נַזְכִּיר:
 (ט) הֵמָּה כָּרְעוּ וְנָפָלוּ וַאֲנַחְנוּ קַּמְנוּ וַנִּתְעוֹדָד:
  (י) ה' הוֹשִׁיעָה הַמֶּלֶךְ יַעֲנֵנוּ בְיוֹם קָרְאֵנוּ: 

(1) For the musician, a mizmor by David. (2) May Hashem answer you on the day of distress. May the Name of Yaakov's G-d protect you. (3) May He send your help from the Mikdash; may He support you from Tzion. (4) May He give consideration to all your minchah-offerings. May He accept your olah-offerings, Selah. (5) May He grant you according to your heart. May He fulfill your every plan. (6) We will sing joyously because of your deliverance, and we will gather around banners in the Name of our G-d. May Hashem fulfill all your requests.  (7) Now I know that Hashem continues to save His anointed one. He will continue to answer from His holy heaven, with the mighty victories of His right hand. (8) Some [depend] on chariots, and some on horses. We call out the Name of Hashem, our G-d. (9) They slumped and fell, but we stood up and were empowered. (10) Hashem save! May the King answer us on the day we call. 

Psalms Chapter 130 תְּהִלִּים
א  שִׁיר הַמַּעֲלוֹת:
מִמַּעֲמַקִּים קְרָאתִיךָ    יְהוָה.
      1 A Song of Ascents. 
       Out of the depths have I called Thee, O LORD.
ב  אֲדֹנָי,    שִׁמְעָה בְקוֹלִי:
  תִּהְיֶינָה אָזְנֶיךָקַשֻּׁבוֹת--    לְקוֹלתַּחֲנוּנָי.
      2 Lord, hearken unto my voice; 
       let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
ג  אִם-עֲוֺנוֹת תִּשְׁמָר-יָהּ--    אֲדֹנָימִי יַעֲמֹד.
       3 If Thou, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
ד  כִּי-עִמְּךָ הַסְּלִיחָה--    לְמַעַןתִּוָּרֵא.
        4 For with Thee there is forgiveness, that Thou may be feared.
ה  קִוִּיתִי יְהוָהקִוְּתָה נַפְשִׁי;    וְלִדְבָרוֹ הוֹחָלְתִּי.
        5 I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope.
ו   נַפְשִׁי לַאדֹנָי--    מִשֹּׁמְרִים לַבֹּקֶרשֹׁמְרִים לַבֹּקֶר.
        6 My soul waits for the Lord, more than watchmen for the morning; yea, more  than watchmen for the morning.
  ז  יַחֵל יִשְׂרָאֵל

No comments: