Thursday, November 30, 2023

Fw: [l-aneinu] Kiddush Hashem - Hearts Are Softening




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "'Chicago Aneinu' via chicago-aneinu" <chicago-aneinu@googlegroups.com>
To: "Chaya Miriam Wolper" <myysbyy@aol.com>
Cc:
Sent: Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 12:20 PM
Subject: [chicago-aneinu] Kiddush Hashem -  Hearts Are Softening

Hearts Are Softening
November 30, 2023

Rabbi Ron Yitzchok Eisenman shared the following story that he experienced at the Washington rally:

"I met one Jew- tattooed from elbow to hand. I asked, "How long did it take you to get here?" He responded "It took me nine hours!. The bus we hired refused to take us when they found out where we were going. So, a few of us grabbed an Uber. It cost us $900. Is it not worth $900 to help save the hostages and save additional Jewish lives!"

I asked him, "Can I give you a hug?"

He replied, "Only if you give me a Blessing that I marry a Jewish woman. After the events of these last few weeks, I have realized I have no place in the non-Jewish world. I envy you! Please bless me that I find a Jewish woman. I'll promise to light the Chanukah candles this year if you bless me to marry a Jewish woman."

I told him I was honored to meet him and to bless him. He replied, "Where I come from, there are no "real" Jews such as yourself. We need you, I need you, please bless me!"

This was by no means a one-time occurrence.

Everyone I met, as soon as they saw my rabbinic garb, wanted to come near and connect with me. These Jews were searching, seeking, wanting, and hoping against hope to be able to reconnect with the Jewish people." 

Rav Dessler (Michtav Me'Eliyahu vol. 5) likens the human heart to a field that has not been plowed. Until a field is plowed, its earth is hard; no seeds can penetrate its surface to take root, and the earth cannot absorb water to nourish developing plants. In order for the earth to produce crops, the field must be plowed so that it will be softened.

Similarly, the human heart is naturally apathetic, resisting any external source of inspiration. In order for the heart to be affected it must be "softened" and made receptive to those influences.

One of the most powerful ways that the resistance of the heart becomes softened is through suffering or tragedy; these things naturally make a person more emotional and more open to establishing bonds with others, including Hashem Himself. 

Jews all over the world are utilizing these tragic times, with all of its sadness and emotion, to open and soften their hearts to deeply connect to Hashem and to each other. 

The field is plowed. The hearts are open. Let's plant more seeds of Kiddush sheim shamayim by connecting and loving every Jew and being true ambassadors of Hashem. 

WEEKLY DOWNLOAD
Shared by Readers

From GoBidud:

A MOVING LETTER FROM A SANHEDRIA MURCHEVET WIFE TO WIVES OF RESERVISTS - INCLUDED IN OUR SHABBOS BOXES TO RESERVISTS- A MUST READ!

To My Dear Neshei Chayil,                                                       

I want you to know that I am thinking about you and davening for you, I want to share with you what I mean when I say that.

It means that when I lay down at night and think about you being alone, I Daven that you shouldn't be lonely, that you should have extra ס"ד in these trying times, and that your husbands should come home quickly, safely and healthy.

When I sit at the dentist office with my daughter and I think about all you women who need to deal with their regular appointments on top of everything else you're juggling, I daven that you should have extra ס"ד in these trying times and your husbands should come home quickly, safely and healthy.

When my 10-year-old loses his bike, when I receive a call from the principal, or when the kids simply don't want to cooperate, I think about you again and daven that you should have extra ס"ד  in these trying times and your husbands should come home quickly, safely and healthy.

When we take out the garbage, break up the kids fights and do our grocery shopping we think about you then too and daven that you can manage your lot with extra ס"ד in these trying times and your husbands should come home quickly, safely and healthy.

Friday night I thought about you and wondered who is sitting at the head of your table. Can you really feel the menucha of Shabbos when your husband is out at battle? I daven that you should have extra ס"ד in these trying times and your husbands should come home quickly, safely and healthy.

When I saw a woman walk into the delivery room by herself or someone else leaving the hospital with a precious newborn both without their husbands, I thought about you and I daven that you should have extra ס"ד in these trying times and your husbands should come home quickly, safely and healthy.

I think about the fear, tension, stress and loneliness you must be living with on a daily basis and daven for extra ס"ד in these trying times and your husbands should come home quickly, safely and healthy.

May הקב"ה hear all our tefilos, shower us with unlimited שמירה & ס"ד until the geulah will come!! 
With tears and love,
A sister in Sanhedria HamUrchevet

RAV BERKOVITS: FEED THE WAR CHILDREN: THE SILENT VICTIMS: PROTECT THE HOMEFRONT

CLICK HERE - THE CHESED FUND

"Yehei Shmei Raba" Initiative

Timely initiative from the Chafetz Chaim Heritage Foundation

"Yehei Shmei Raba- Initiative"

The primary accomplishment of the praise "Amein, Yehei Shmei Rabba" is that through it, His Great Name will be exalted and sanctified in all worlds.

–YESOD V'SHORESH HAAVODAH
CLICK HERE for more information about the initiative.
To download or print a copy of the "Amein Card",
CLICK HERE

NEW! Small Actions, Big Difference

Small Actions - Lets Keep It Going!

 This week's "Small Action":

Connect to at least one Jew each day with a smile and a greeting. People are more receptive than ever to connect.

Last week's "Small Action":

Once a day make someone feel important by holding the door for them or letting someone go first.

Dedication
This week's newsletter is dedicated l'zecher nishmas:
ר׳ יוסף אהרן בן יצחק משה

Sponsor the weekly email! Help spread the focus of our ultimate mission!
Reach over 8000 people plus many shuls! 

Spread the Word
Share It With Your Friends
Do you want to help spread the word of Kiddush Hashem? Forward this link to your friends, co-workers and family members to join on our weekly e-mail list:
SUBSCRIBE
Follow Us on Linkedin:
LinkedIn
WhatsApp Group:

The eis tzarah is bringing out the true essence of Klal Yisrael, the depths of kindness and nobility of spirit of which the Jewish people are capable. 

Join our new WhatsApp group now, for once a day posts (only admin will be allowed to post), to highlight these incredible positive stories.

Sign Up HERE

Please share your stories with us.

Living Kiddush Hashem was founded with the goal of imbuing every Jew with a powerful sense of mission — the mission to be mekadeish Sheim Shamayim in his or her own unique way. We strive to accomplish this by raising awareness of the paramount importance of the mitzvah of kiddush Hashem and its centrality in everything we do.

Learn more about our organization at www.livingkiddushhashem.org
Thank you for being a valued member of our email list. Stick around and tell your friends. We hope that our list will grow and that more people like you will live with kiddush Hashem on their minds every day in every way. Together we can make a difference!

LivingKiddushHashem@gmail.com


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "chicago-aneinu" group.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To respond or post new messages to this group, please insure that your email is sent to Myysbyy@aol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
chicago-aneinu+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/chicago-aneinu?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "chicago-aneinu" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chicago-aneinu+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chicago-aneinu/780405284.8111674.1701368432339%40mail.yahoo.com.

No comments: